We’ve listened to many hours of Phil Liggett’s and Paul Sherwen’s commentary over the course of this Tour and have probably learned a little bit more about certain competitors than we might have needed – or even wanted – to. It would be such a pity to let all that newly acquired knowledge go to waste, so here it is: the 2012 Tour de France quiz.
Email your answers to us by 8:30pm AEST tomorrow (Wednesday 25 July). The winner will be the first person with a 100% correct entry OR the person with the highest score should some of these questions stump you all. The winner will receive a bottle of Domaine Bellegarde Jurançon Sec “La Pierre Blanche” 2006 provided by our supporters, DiscoverVin.
- What is the relationship between Radioshack DS Alain Gallopin and rider Tony Gallopin?
- How many kids does Jens Voigt have?
- Why did Fabian Cancellara withdraw from the 2012 Tour?
- Where was Chris Froome born?
- Where was Bradley Wiggins born?
- What was the nationality of Wiggins’ father?
- How old is Jens Voigt?
- How old is Peter Sagan?
- Which Velits twin is older?
- On which climb did 2010’s “Chaingate” occur?
- What happened to Sandy Casar on stage 18 in the 2007 Tour?
- How many Tours de France has George Hincapie ridden?
- How many British riders have won the Tour de France?
- According to the wisdom of Paul Sherwen, where should you always ride in the peloton?
- Where in the peloton does David Moncoutié prefer to ride?
- How many kilometres will it take the peloton to chase down a breakaway with a 4 minute lead?
- What is the shape of the chainring on Bradley Wiggins’ TT bike?
- Whose bike did Peter Sagan ride to win the Slovak championship?
The burning questions
- What was the breed of the dog involved in the Philippe Gilbert accident in stage 18?
- How much did the dog weigh?
- Which bone did Tony Martin fracture?
- Name a mountain biker in the peloton.
- How did Tejay van Garderen learn Dutch?
- Which syllable did Phil emphasise when saying “Vinokourov” in 2012?
- How many different pronunciations of Nibali did Phil and Paul use this tour? (Spell them out phonetically)
- In what should you pack your courage?