The individual time trial rendered me inarticulate; it should come as no surprise that the confirmation of Cadel Evans as winner of Le Tour has not resulted in me being any less of a gibbering mess.
The basic facts, then, in case you have been out of the news loop and have for some reason come here to catch up:
- Cadel Evans (BMC) is the first Australian to win the Tour de France and relived the experience of being in a Schleck sandwich, this time on the podium in Paris, between second place-getter Andy and GC number three, Fränck.
- Mark Cavendish (HTC-Highroad) won the stage and the green jersey.
- Sammy Sanchez (Euskaltel Euskadi) took the King of the Mountains award.
- Pierre Rolland (Europcar) won the white jersey.
- Jérémy Roy (Francaise des Jeux) won the “Super Combative” award and the informal award for the most extravagantly-pronounced name by Sherwen and Liggett.
- There are no cows in Paris.